Blue Rodeo: Strange & BeautifulMus_LstTogether_Blk_12x12 $45.00
Whenever I get the chance, I like to catch my favourite bands' live. I love the lights and the ambiance, the rushing around before the band takes centre stage. There's energy in the air. Some might get bored waiting, but for me, there's so much to see and capture.
One summer evening while waiting for the band Blue Rodeo to take the stage I snapped this photo of the stage setup and lighting. When I got home I noticed a young woman had stepped into my shot. I thought it was a "strange and beautiful" coincidence, and with a little editing magic, she was incorporated as the focal point of the piece.
The inspiration behind our 'Blue Rodeo: Strange & Beautiful' Art print
My 'Strange & Beautiful' piece was inspired by the evening and one of my favourite Blue Rodeo songs, Lost Together. If you look closely, it incorporates a little Canadian northern sky astrology, subtly tucking in the constellations of Ursa Major (Big Dipper) and Minor (Little Dipper). The young woman's gaze takes in the stage and Polaris (the North Star) at the tip of the Little Dipper's handle. A shooting star cuts through the middle, dotting the 'i' for emphasis.
This art print makes a great addition to any music fan's collection or any art lover that appreciates mystical artwork for their home decor.
- Photo of Blue Rodeo's stage setup before a headline event
- Constellations of Ursa Major and Minor with a shooting star
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years