Canadair Sabre Mk6 'Golden Hawks'Aviation_F86Golden_Grey_14x11 $44
Our CL-13 Canadair Mk6 Sabre art print features one of the RCAF's first post-war jet aircraft. Built in Montreal, the Sabre's first battle commission was in the skies during the Korean War. Also known as the F-86, By the end of production, over 1800 Sabres were built and sold to air forces around the world.
The inspiration behind our Golden Hawks Canadair Sabre Mk6 Art Print
The Golden Hawks were a Canadian aerobatic flying team established in 1959 to celebrate the Royal Canadian Air Force's 35th anniversary and the "Golden" 50th anniversary of Canadian flight, which began with the AEA Silver Dart in 1909. The Golden Hawks initially flew Mk5 Sabres and later switched to the Mk6 by 1961. The team flew 317 shows across North America before being disbanded in 1964.
The CL-13 Canadair Sabre Mk6 Golden Hawks art print makes a great companion piece to our camouflage Sabre Mk6 version. It's also a perfect addition to any aviation buff's art collection or collectors of vintage-inspired modern art decor.
- Photo illustration of the CL-13 Canadair Sabre Mk6 Art Print with Golden Hawks markings
- Set against an antique map of Montreal
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!