David Bowie: Space OddityMus_SpaceOdd_Blk_12x12 $45.00
David Bowie released many albums over his career. In his early years, he often wrote about celestial themes, developing several glam-rock personas around ideas of space and aliens, like his Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane characters.
The inspiration behind our 'David Bowie: Space Oddity' Art print
The first David Bowie album I was introduced to was Space Oddity. I was in high school art class art back in the 70s. A friend of mine cued the LP on the classroom turntable and I was instantly hooked. As someone who grew up watching the Apollo missions, I had an immediate connection to the music and Bowie's fascination with space. Fast forward a few decades and I'm still a fan of his timeless music and his passion for the cosmos.
This piece presents Bowie as I like to remember him—as a musical pioneer, inspired by the astronauts and scientific pioneers behind the 1960s space programs. It makes a great addition to any Bowie fan's collection or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration of David Bowie wearing a NASA Mercury-era spacesuit
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years