Douglas DC-3: Trans Canada Air LinesAvi_DC3TransCan_Blk_14x11_FB $44
The Douglas DC-3 was first introduced in the late 1930s and transformed aviation as we know it over the next decade. It became a workhorse transport aircraft during WWII and beyond. One of the most durable aircraft ever designed, hundreds still make regular flights today all over the world.
The inspiration behind our Douglas DC-3 Trans Canada Air Lines Art Print
Trans Canada Air Lines began passenger service in 1937. In 1964 Trans Canada became Air Canada ushering in the golden age of transcontinental air passenger travel.
As an aviation buff, I've always admired the DC-3 for its longevity and simple design. This print design reflects those principles and features the original decal design applied to early Trans Canada aircraft. It makes a great addition to any aviation buff or vintage travel art collection.
- Photo illustration of Trans Canada Air Lines Douglas DC-3
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!