Joey Ramone: MisfitMus_RamoneMisfit_Blk_12x12 $44
Joey Ramone (a.k.a. Jeffrey Ross Hyman) was born and raised in a tough Queens, New York neighbourhood. He survived an abusive upbringing as well as mental and physical health challenges throughout his life. In 1974 he joined fellow high school friends in a new band. They all assumed false surnames and The Ramones became punk rock history.
The inspiration behind our 'Joey Ramone: Misfit' Art print
As a teen, Joey was a tall, skinny, awkward kid that wore dark glasses everywhere. His appearance made him a target of bullies in high school and on the streets of his working-class Queens neighbourhood. In his own words, he was a misfit, an outcast and a loner. This piece captures those qualities. As he peers through his signature mop-top bangs and tinted red glasses, it also exposes his vulnerabilities.
This is a great piece for fans of Joey Ramone, the band, or musically-inspired art collectors in general.
- A photo-illustration of Joey Ramone's and signature red sunglasses
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!