Joey Ramone: MisfitMus_RamoneMisfit_Blk_12x12 $45.00
Joey Ramone (a.k.a. Jeffrey Ross Hyman) was born and raised in a tough Queens, New York neighbourhood. He survived an abusive upbringing as well as mental and physical health challenges throughout his life. In 1974 he joined fellow high school friends in a new band. They all assumed false surnames and The Ramones became punk rock history.
The inspiration behind our 'Joey Ramone: Misfit' Art print
As a teen, Joey was a tall, skinny, awkward kid that wore dark glasses everywhere. His appearance made him a target of bullies in high school and on the streets of his working-class Queens neighbourhood. In his own words, he was a misfit, an outcast and a loner. This piece captures those qualities. As he peers through his signature mop-top bangs and tinted red glasses, it also exposes his vulnerabilities.
This is a great piece for fans of Joey Ramone, the band, or musically-inspired art collectors in general.
- A photo-illustration of Joey Ramone's and signature red sunglasses
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years