Johnny Cash: American IconMus_JohnnyCash_12x12 $45.00
Johnny Cash grew up poor, the son of an Arkansas farmer, in America's heartland. His song catalogue resonates many aspects of his life. As a musician and songwriter, he never lost touch with his roots. While he struggled with drug and alcohol addictions, he eventually overcame these vices if not the demons they left him with.
The inspiration behind our 'Johnny Cash: American Icon' Art print
This piece's inspiration came from the famous photo on the cover of his Legends of Johnny Cash LP. It captures everything I came to imagine about the man, his roots, his life, and the solitary journey he walked throughout his life. The design blends the work of another of my heroes—depression-era graphic designer Lester Beal. Bringing the two influences together seemed a fitting tribute to Cash and his working-class ideals.
This piece captures Johnny Cash's soulful personality and his mid-west American roots. It makes a great addition to any country music fan's collection or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration of Johnny Cash in the style of Lester Beal
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years