Lockheed SR-71 BlackbirdAviation_Blackbird_red_11x14 $44
The Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird began surveillance flights in the early 1960s. Topping out at mach 3.3 (2500 mph or 4100 kph) and reaching heights of up to 85,000 feet, the Blackbird was capable of out running surface to air missiles. To this day it still lays claim to aircraft speed and altitude records. Original designs featured an unpainted titanium skin, but travelling at such speeds generates tremendous friction and heat. Designers applied a matte black heat dissipating paint finish, thus earning it the nickname 'Blackbird'.
The inspiration behind our Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Art Print
Our Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird features a photo-illustration of the iconic aircraft from above with her afterburners in the full thrust position. The minimalistic design and aggressive angle of view accentuates the concept of speed.
This art print makes a dramatic addition to any aviation buffs collection or to any modern home decor.
- Detailed photo-illustration of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird
- Available in two colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!