Neil Young: Hey Hey, My MyMusic_HeyHey_Gold/Black_12.5x12.5 $44
Our 'Hey Hey, My My' art print captures the spirit of Neil Young's classic rock anthem from his 1979 album, Rust Never Sleeps. Some say the song is a characterization to the chaotic life and death of the Sex Pistols' Johnny Rotten contrasted against the decline of Elvis Presley before his. Young himself was quoted as saying his song is a general comment on rock music‚"The essence of the rock'n'roll spirit to me, is that it's better to burn out really bright than to sort of decay off into infinity...Rock'n'roll is right now. What's happening right this second."
The inspiration behind our 'Hey Hey, My My' art print
Our 'Hey Hey, My My' art print was inspired by Young's grinding guitar riffs throughout the track. The focal point of the design is his signature axe—a black Gibson Les Paul—engulfed in flames. His famous lyric is set in typography that mimics marquis lights. These gradually fade away as the flames envelope his guitar.
This art print makes a great addition to any classic rock music fan's collection or any art lover's modern home decor.
- Photo illustration of a Gibson Les Paul guitar and flames
- Marquis typographic title treatment
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!