Moonwalk Apollo 11Ecl_Moonwalk_Blk_12x12 $45.00
The 60s was an amazing decade of space exploration ushered in by John F. Kennedy's famous 1962 speech, "We choose to go to the Moon". Seven short years later the world heard Neil Armstrong proclaim as he stepped onto the surface of the moon, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.".
The inspiration behind our Moonwalk Apollo 11 Art Print
I have vivid memories of that era. My Dad would wake the whole family in the middle of the night. We'd huddle around the old black & white tv half asleep, watching lift-offs from Cape Canaveral. I collected space toys, made Saturn V rocket models and doodled endless drawings of all things space. My most vivid memory, however, is of a warm summer night on July 20, 1969. My best friend and I lay on the grass staring at the full moon—two 7-year-old boys absolutely convinced they could see the lunar module circling the moon as Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the surface.
This piece is for all the space buffs that appreciate the monumental achievement of those early space missions, and for collectors of eclectic art and quirky themes.
- Photo-illustration of the moon and Tranquility Basin, Neil Armstrong from the Apollo 11 mission, and the lunar command module
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years