John Lennon: ImagineMusic_JohnLennonImagine_Yellow_12.5x12.5 $39
One of John Lennon's more enduring images is that of a peace activist. His 1970s song Imagine stands today as one of the most recognizable peace anthems of all time. When asked about the song's meaning, he said he imagined a world at peace where no one or religion was better or bigger than another.
The inspiration behind our 'John Lennon Imagine' Art print
Of course, we know today that Lennon's vision of peace has yet to come. The world is as divided along religious and ideological lines as ever before. But the spirit and intent behind his lyrics are as relevant today as ever. The minimalism of this piece—the quiet placement of his signature round frame glasses placed peacefully on a warm yellow field—speaks to the simple message behind the song. The lenses look upward to the sky as a nod to the lyric, "You may think I'm a dreamer".
I hope this piece captures the spirit of Lennon in some small way and appeals to his fans or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration of John Lennon's glasses looking skyward
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!