John Lennon: ImagineMusic_Imagine_Yellow_12.5x12.5 $44
One of John Lennon's more enduring images is that of a peace activist. His 1970s song Imagine stands today as one of the most recognizable peace anthems of all time. When asked about the song's meaning, he said he imagined a world at peace where no one or religion was better or bigger than another.
The inspiration behind our 'John Lennon Imagine' Art print
Of course, we know today that Lennon's vision of peace has yet to come. The world is as divided along religious and ideological lines as ever before. But the spirit and intent behind his lyrics are as relevant today as ever. The minimalism of this piece—the quiet placement of his signature round frame glasses placed peacefully on a warm yellow field—speaks to the simple message behind the song. The lenses look upward to the sky as a nod to the lyric, "You may think I'm a dreamer".
I hope this piece captures the spirit of Lennon in some small way and appeals to his fans or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration of John Lennon's glasses looking skyward
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!