Prince: Purple RainMusic_Prince-Purple-Rain_Purple_12.5x12.5 $44
August 3, 1983, Prince Rogers Nelson flipped his custom Schecter Cloud guitar behind his back, stepped up to the microphone and delivered one of the most memorable performances of the 1980s. The five-foot-two, rock preacher debuted his defining soulful ballad to 1,500 hometown fans packed into a sweaty Minneapolis nightclub. The session and performance were recorded live, and after a number of edits, it became the title track to the album that launched Prince into the musical stratosphere.
The inspiration behind our 'Prince Purple Rain' Art print
Prince was a brilliant artist, guitarist and performer. Purple Rain is one of those tracks that music fans, whether fans of him or not, will appreciate as a defining rock classic. This art print is my tribute to how I like to remember him—as an intense performer and absolute magician on six strings.
The mood of the piece is intended to capture the complexity and mystery of the artist. I hope it appeals to any Prince fan or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration of Prince performing against a background of purple rain
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!