P-51 Mustang Fighter (RAF)Aviation_P51RAF_Blue_11x14 $44
Our North American P51-D Mustang art print profiles one of the finest fighters flown by the Allies during WWII. It was initially designed and produced by North American Aviation for the Royal Air Force (RAF). The Mustang went into production in May 1941 and began combat operations with the RAF in April 1942 as low altitude fighters and long-range reconnaissance aircraft.
The Inspiration behind our North American P51-D Mustang Art Print
I am a longtime fan of aircraft, WWII warplanes in particular. The style and simplicity of aircraft designs of the era inspire my art. The P-51 has always been a favorite of mine. This version carries a modified set of markings based on the P-51s flown in North Africa. I've added the shark mouth for dramatic effect.
- Photo illustration of a North American P-51 MK IV Fighter
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!