Steven Tyler: Gypsy MicrophoneMus_GypsyMicrophone_Blk_12x12 $45.00
Lead singer Steven Tyler of the band Aerosmith is known best for his dynamic voice and signature scarf-draped microphone stand. In a 2007 Blender interview, he told how he wore out a favourite shirt and scarf early in his career. Rather than throw them out, he tied them to his mic stand for good luck. "Must [have been] the gypsy in me."
The inspiration behind our 'Steven Tyler: Gypsy Microphone' Art print
I have a keen interest in rock history and its human interest stories. As the saying goes, sex and drugs are at the heart of rock and roll culture, and Steven Tyler was not immune. He's had a long, well-documented struggle with substance abuse, and in a 2007 Blender interview, he expanded on the story of the scarves hanging from his microphone. As it turns out, they were both a good luck charm and a place to store his drug supply while on stage.
The primary illustration in this piece focuses on Tyler's signature microphone stand. The stark loneliness of the mic stand against the lights speaks to his struggle with drug addiction.
- A photo-illustration of Steven Tyler's signature scarf-draped microphone stand
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years