P-51 Mustang Fighter (USAAF)Aviation_P51USAAF_Blue_11x14 $39
Our North American P51-D Mustang art print profiles one of the finest fighters flown by the Allies during WWII. It was initially designed and produced by North American Aviation for the Royal Air Force (RAF). The Mustang went into production in May 1941 and began combat operations with the RAF in April 1942. The United States Air Force (USAAF) later adopted the P-51 and used it as a dive bomber, low altitude fighter, and long-range reconnaissance aircraft and fighter.
The Inspiration behind our North American P51-D Mustang Art Print
I am a longtime fan of aircraft, WWII warplanes in particular. The style and simplicity of aircraft designs of the era inspire my art. The P-51 has always been a favorite of mine. This version carries a set of markings painted on P-51s flown during the D-Day invasion and the subsequent European theatre campaign.
- Photo illustration of a North American P-51 MK IV Fighter
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!