P-51 Mustang Fighter (USAAF)Avi_P51USAAF_Blu_11x14 $45.00
Our North American P51-D Mustang art print profiles one of the finest fighters flown by the Allies during WWII. It was initially designed and produced by North American Aviation for the Royal Air Force (RAF). The Mustang went into production in May 1941 and began combat operations with the RAF in April 1942. The United States Army Air Force (USAAF) later adopted the P-51 and used it as a dive bomber, low altitude fighter, and long-range reconnaissance aircraft and fighter.
The Inspiration behind our North American P51-D Mustang Art Print
I am a longtime fan of aircraft, WWII warplanes in particular. The style and simplicity of aircraft designs of the era inspire my art. The P-51 has always been a favorite of mine. This version carries a set of markings painted on P-51s flown during the D-Day invasion and the subsequent European theatre campaign.
- Photo illustration of a North American P-51 MK IV Fighter
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years