Vintage Golf ClubsGolf_VintageClubs_Grey_27.5x10 $54
Golf club construction and the materials used in their manufacture remained relatively unchanged for a long time. Heads of metal were attached to wooden hickory or ash shafts. By the mid 20th century, metal shafts were introduced and other materials were experimented with, but wood was still in common use. You can still buy new golf clubs with wooden shafts, but the vast majority of golfers use metal or graphite.
The inspiration behind our Vintage Golf Clubs art print
I couldn't imagine playing with sticks like these but there are still some purists that seek out and play with modern sets of clubs made with wooden shafts. I personally prefer looking at those, and their antique predecessors, as works of art and craftsmanship. So when I came across this old set, I couldn't resist turning my photos into a work of art for golfers to enjoy.
This piece is perfect for the golfer that likes retro-inspired art. Makes a great addition to any man (or girl) cave.
- A photo-illustration of antique golf clubs
- Hang it horizontally or vertically
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!