Vintage Paddle DesignsCottage_VintagePaddles_Blue_11x14 $44
Canoe and paddle building dates back thousands of years. Craftsman carefully gathered and selected wood to carve and shape into canoe ribs and parts, including the paddles used to propel them across the water. The design and carving of paddles have long been the mark of a craftsman and while materials and methods have changed over the millennia, it's amazing to see how little has changed in paddle profiles and design.
The Inspiration behind our 'Vintage Paddle Designs' Art Print
The evolution of paddle design has been almost glacial-like. I guess it's hard to perfect perfection. With so little change paddle profiles over time, craftsmen turned to decoration as a way of customizing their work. Painting out paddles has become a form of folk art and the paddles in this piece were inspired by some of the designs I have come across over time.
If you love the look of antique or vintage paddles, this piece is for you. It makes a great addition to any cottage or home decor.
- Photo illustration of vintage paddle designs
- Available in several colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!