Vintage 1960s Downhill SkisSlopes_SkisVintage_Yellow_11x14 $39
Our 'Vintage Skis' art print is for those that love to ride the slopes and believe two planks are better than one. Upon closer inspection, this set of vintage 1960s skis should also give today's skier an appreciation for how far technology has come and how challenging these old babies were to control.
The inspiration behind our 'Vintage Skis' Art Print
As a kid growing up in the 1970s, my family didn't have a lot. So imagine my excitement when we moved into an old farmhouse and I found a couple of sets of old red skis just like these left behind by the previous owners. My Mom signed us up at a local ski hill and off we went every weekend. As excited as I was, I soon realized I was in for an almost uncontrollable ride. Let's just say, the edges on these old planks weren't exactly engineered for a rookie. But that only made the thrill more intense for a young, crazy kid.
If you love skiing, or just love all things vintage, this piece is for you. It makes a great addition to any cottage or home decor.
- Photo illustration of a set of vintage, 1960s wood downhill skis and poles
- Simple, minimalist design that will stand the test of time
- Individually printed on heavy photo paper using a 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper won’t fade or yellow for at least 200 years
Ready to hang
- Dry mounted on acid-free foam core stops warping or discolouration
- Gallery-style, solid hardwood, 100% Canadian-made frames
- Thick acrylic is as clear as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!